Last updated January 29, 2015
Collection of Information
Information You Provide. At various times, you may decide to provide us with your personal information. You should know that we receive and may store all personal information (whether written or oral) that you provide to us. This includes personal information provided to us through any means, including, without limitation, through our Site, via e-mail, over the telephone, and through a social media service (for example Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest). You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to purchase products or take advantage of many of our promotions, features or Services. In this policy, “personal information” means any information by which you may be identified or contacted, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, phone number, physical address or email address. In addition, we may collect information about your purchases, billing address, shipping address, gender, occupation, birthday, marital status, anniversary, interests, and credit card information.
Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Technologies. A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer, mobile phone, or other device, and allows us or our business partners to recognize your device when you return to our Service and record information about your usage of our Services.
- Essential Operational: Cookies are necessary to allow us to operate our Services. For example, they are required to help you access secure areas (such as your account pages) and to use features like our shopping basket.
- Performance and Functionality: Cookies help us enhance the performance and functionality of our Services. For example, cookies help us identify you or your device when you come back to our Service so that you do not have to login to see your shopping basket.
- Analytics and Customization: We use analytics and customization cookies, including third party cookies, to gather information on how our Services are being used by our visitors and to measure how popular our marketing campaigns are. We use the data we get to help customize our Services for you and make the content you see as relevant as possible. We also use the date we collect to help identify and prevent fraud, and to track visits from our affiliates or partners.
- Targeting/advertising: Cookies help us to regulate the advertisements you receive, provide you with tailored offers, and measure their effectiveness.
- Social networking cookies: Cookies allow visitors to share our pages and content through third-party social networking websites.
Tracking Images: We may use tracking images (such as GIFs), which are small image files that we embed into our e-mail newsletters, to learn whether you opened or forwarded the newsletter or clicked on any of the content. This information tells us about our newsletters’ effectiveness and helps us ensure that we’re delivering information that you find interesting.
Local Storage: We use local storage (such as HTML5 or Flash) for frequency capping purposes and to provide you with relevant advertising.
We may collect information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device, when you download or use our mobile application.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Facilitate your purchases and provide the services you request,
- Confirm and track your order,
- Respond to your comments, inquiries and requests,
- Compare and review your information for errors, omissions and accuracy,
- Prevent and detect fraud or abuse,
- Provide and improve our services and product offerings, and develop new ones,
- Improve marketing and promotional efforts, and overall customer experience,
- Identify your product and service preferences,
- Offer you personalized content, including by providing customized content and advertising,
- Understand our customer demographics, preferences, interests, and behavior,
- Administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions,
- Process or respond to your application for current or future career opportunities,
- Contact you regarding products and services (of Superior Gemological Laboratory or our partners) that we believe may be of interest to you, and
- Other uses with your consent.
We may combine the information you provide to us over time and we may combine such information with information that is publicly available, collected through cookies and other technologies, and information that we receive from our partners, affiliates and other third parties.
We value your comments, feedback, testimonials, etc., which help us improve our services and products. By making such submissions to us, you assign your rights in the submissions to us, as described in the “Submissions” section of our Terms and Conditions page.
Information that We May Share with Others
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
Service Providers: We may use third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, including: shipping, payment processing, data storage/management, webhosting, fulfillment, assembly, marketing, mailing, and emailing.
Special Events: If you choose to participate in a special event (for example, a promotion, contest, or sweepstakes), Superior Gemological Laboratory may share your information with those organizations participating in the applicable event.
Sharing with Other Companies (for their marketing or analytics purposes): We may share your information with other companies or organizations which are not part of Superior Gemological Laboratory. These companies and organizations may use the information we share to provide, or help other companies provide, offers to you, to market products, services or opportunities to you, and to perform data analytics regarding your use of our Services.
Compliance with Law and Fraud Protection: We may disclose your information: (1) when we believe in good faith that it is necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (2) in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person; (3) to other companies and organizations for fraud protection and risk reduction; and (4) to enforce any agreement we have with you.
Business Transfer: Your information may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, in which case information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the Company.
Aggregate Information: We may, and we may authorize third parties to, create aggregate records from personal information by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable. We may use and disclose, and authorize third parties to use and disclose, aggregate information at our discretion.
We utilize a combination of physical and electronic security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. While we strive to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
If you have created a Superior Gemological Laboratory account you can review and change certain personal information relating to your Superior Gemological Laboratory account at any time by logging on to your account. Otherwise, to learn more, please contact us as set forth below.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to continue to hear from us.
To opt out of receiving email promotions that we send you: (1) select “unsubscribe” on our subscription status page and enter the requested information or follow the unsubscribe instructions in any of our promotional emails; or (2) write to Legal Department at 629 S. Hill Street, Suite 1208, Los Angeles, CA 90014 (a “postal request”). To opt out of telephone promotions, you can tell us when we call you or you can send us a postal request. To opt out of postal mail promotions, please send us a postal request.
Opting out of communication with us does not affect our communications with you via telephone or email related to your orders with us or other transactional emails.
Where required by law, we obtain your prior opt-in consent at the time of data collection for the processing of (i) personal information for marketing purposes and (ii) personal information deemed sensitive pursuant to applicable law.
International Data Storage and Processing
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and would like a copy of our notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for their direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties and affiliates that received your information in the past year, please submit a written request to the following address: Superior Gemological Laboratory Legal Department at 629 S. Hill Street, Suite 1208, Los Angeles, CA 90014; attn: California Privacy. Please allow up to 30 days for us to process your request. You may submit such a request once per year.
How to Contact Us
Superior Gemological Laboratory
629 S. Hill Street, Suite 1208
Los Angeles, CA 90014
Superior Gemological Laboratory is the entity responsible for the collection and processing of your personal information.